Just to explain this list: I have been getting lots of comments on my weight/fysique and I am so tired of that shit, I’m okay with my weight.. so why aren’t you? Anyways, on to the list!
1. You would be really pretty if you weren’t fat! - Pardon me?! I WOULD be pretty IF? Who says I’m not pretty the way I am?
2. Have you tried to exercise more and eat less / eat your breakfast every morning / eat less carbs, fat and sugar? - What if I have? What if I don’t want to or what if it doesn’t work? Let me just tell you something: this advice is unwanted and EVERYTHING you tell me is old news to me, I have heard it over a hundred times already.
3. You have such a good personality / you’re such a fun person to talk to! - Right.. good to know, so you didn’t notice the time i had put into puting make-up on my face or are you scared i don’t like to get compliments on my appearance like every other woman?
4. Don’t worry about what other people think of you! - So, I have nothing to worry about is what you’re trying to say? That must be why I get this so much..
5. Shouldn’t you wear something.. black/wide/suiting to your body? - Do I? Is that what you do? Is that what everyone does? No? Then I shouldn’t either and even if you do too that doesn’t mean I should, I like to wear things I think are pretty and make me feel good such as lace or skirts (even though I look like a princess dwarf).
6. You’re so young.. don’t you ever feel like you’re missing out? - Well, yes I do.. but what is it of your concern? If you really cared you would do something fun with me, if you’re not my friend, don’t pretend to care.
7. You eat suprisingly little! - This is one my boyfriend has told me and every guy I dated before him or anyone I eat with.. Apparently it’s suprising that a fat girl eats small portions or isn’t hungry ALL THE TIME.
8. Have you had a boyfriend yet? - First off: Rude much?! And yes! In fact.. quite a few and i get LOADS of attention from men, the fact that a girl should be skinny to date is something you tell your girlfriends but not something men live by.
9. You’re not healthy. - Have you been speaking to my doctor? Do you have some sort of X-Ray eyes? Because last time I checked you can’t know that by just looking at someone. I indeed am not healthy, I have a thryoid disease (causing me to be obese) but other than that I’m fine! You probably thought I was a diabetic didn’t you?
And last but not least.. drumroll please! *rapapapapa*
10. You’re not fat. - I am “morbidly obese” as the doctors say and even I call myself fat, who are you kidding?! You might not like the term but it is what it is and I accept myself like this, and you should too.
Apart from these things people tell me (and most likely all other fat girls) there are a few annoying behaviours that go with it.. so here as a bonus is a small list of these behaviours:
1. Mentioning food or asking me if I feel like going to mcDonald’s. - I haven’t eaten at mcDonald’s since I was 12 but thanks for offering.. Ohh.. the stereotypes :)
2. Telling stories about fat friends, familymembers or celebrities. - You’re telling me this because I am fat and I must care about all other fat people right?
3. Trashing anorexics in a conversation. - The reason you’re doing this is probably because trashing anorexic people must make me feel better.. it doesn’t.
4. Busting into me like you’re a quarterback when walking by me. - Does my size intimidate you? Are you expecting me to jump aside instantly because you’re skinnier? Why? why do you this to me people?
5. Always wanting to take me out shopping. - Why do you want to take me out shopping? you know I won’t fit into anything in the regular stores.. or are you taking me so you can look good in comparison to me? Whatever the reason may be, shopping is no fun for me if I can’t try on things in the shops I go to.
I did a little bit of editing on the scifi girl before my pentablet died.. i will be doing lots more traditional now instead of digital, hopefully i’ll have a new pentablet within a few weeks.